Ozzy Osbourne, the former lead singer of 1970s-80s heavy metal band Black Sabbath who purportedly bit the head off a bat during a 1982 concert, is making his first foray into NFTs, Rolling Stone reported.
- The collection, which Osborne created himself, and announced in a Twitter post early Tuesday, will comprise 9,666 unique non-fungible token bats, a hat-tip to the infamous concert, according the report, which cited a press release.
- This NFT comes with something unique: Each Cryptobat has a feature that, when activated, will let collectors birth an additional NFT by allow their purchase to bite and mutate with another NFT from their digital wallet.
- The feature, called MutantBatz, will subsequently allow owners to combine the attributes of two separate projects.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club, SupDucks, Cryptotoadz and a fourth, unidentified entity are involved in the project, according to Rolling Stone.
- Pre-sales are available now through the CryptoBatz discord channel; a further 2,500 guaranteed CryptoBat pre-sale whitelist passes will be available exclusively through the same channel.